Tuesday, April 20, 2010

OMG I was looking at the TV guide channel and here is this advertisement for that Paris Hilton idiot to buy herself a British Best Friend.

I feel like Rip van Winkle. It seems I took a nap and when I woke up they had a whole new section in the dept store, a "BUY A FRIEND DEPT" again OMG. When I was growing up and still now in my life and the people I deal with, you don't buy friends you make them with trust, caring and love. You enjoy spending time with them for who they are not what they can buy you.
Then the put this on TV and the kids grow up thinking you have to buy friends, it's the material things that matter, that other moronic show I see advertised Gene Simmons just the ads are disgusting it's all about greed and materialistic behavior.

And people wonder why kids turn to drugs, risky sex and behavior or kill themselves. Look at the role models they have. Useless pieces of junk whose claim to fame is what? It sure isn't any of the virtues of life. They sure don't exemplify any goods behaviors it's all selfish and greed.

Glad I'm my age. I shudder when I think of what the generation that will follow these teenagers will be.

Friday, April 9, 2010


Zero Population Growth. Haven't heard much about that in awhile. I wonder why that is, maybe it had it's 15 minutes of fame I don't know.


What brought it to the fore front in my mind was an article in the April edition of the National Geographic about water.


It seems ( and I may be off a % point or 2 I'm doing this from memory) that 97.5% of the water on the earth is salty and not fit for human consumption, out of the remaining 2.5% a tad over 1.5% is locked up in snow and ice leaving only 1% of the water on earth for human and animal consumption. That's not a lot of water.


Another fact that was mentioned was that we are adding 83 million humans to the planet per year. To me this is a recipe for global disaster.


The earth is a finite sphere it only has so much land, water and air it can only support so many beings. I think it is closely reaching it's maximum limit if we are not already there. It could just take the straw that broke the camels back and life as we know it is over.


And we caused this problem. How? By healing too many diseases, by keeping people alive on machines and wasting precious irreplaceable resources, by refusing to accept the fact that we were born to die and not live forever. Mother nature gave us a certain life span that through out history kept the planet and it's inhabitants healthy. Now we have screwed that up. In our arrogance and science we have gone up against mother nature's plan and we had better watch out. Look at the abnormal weather patterns, the new diseases that are popping up. We have no one to blame but ourselves.


I have no answer to this and I don't think there is one, we crossed onto to the slippery slope of over population awhile back and the only question in my mind is how long of a slide do we have until total extinction? I don't think too long. I know people say science will save us, science caused this. What do you think caused the potato famine in Ireland, science is what hybrid potatoes that were all acceptable to the same blights and on and on.


I could say more but I'd like to hear other thoughts before extinction hits.